Location Kingsbury Square side of the Guildhall Wilton
Year Opened unknown
Year Closed unknown
Century of Operation 1700-1799, 1800-1899
Remarks Formerly a prison for persons confined from court of record, by 1835 only used as a lock up house. Volume 6 of the VCH for Wiltshire, states that the town gaol, 'known in the 16th century as "Brown's Bower", stood on the Kingsbury Square side of the Guildhall.'
Further information can be found at