Location Underneath the Little Bolton Town Hall, St George's Street, Little Bolton
Year Opened 1826
Year Closed 1876
Century of Operation 1800-1899
Remarks Town Hall was built in 1826 and lock-up cells date from this time. In August 1839, the Town Hall was stormed and damaged during Chartist riots. The police station in the Town Hall closed in November 1876 and the cells were no longer used after this date. In 1878, the building was converted into a library. In 2012, the building was restored with funds from a Lottery Grant. The space now includes: restaurant, bar, business space and workhouse.
Further information can be found at