Location near the village hall, High Street Orwell
Year Opened unknown
Year Closed c.1914
Century of Operation 1800-1899, 1900-1999
Remarks Roy's Blog explains that the lock up was demolished in 1979 when the village hall was extended. Also, that a village resident born in 1886 remembered it being used as a lock up until the First World War. In the 1930s and 1940s it was used by a local cobbler as a workshop.
Further information can be found at