Location Vestry Road, adjacent to Vestry House Museum, Walthamstow, London, E17 9NH
Map location exact or closely approximate
Year opened 1765
Year closed Unknown
Century of Operation 1700-1799, 1800-1899
Building Type Watch House
Remarks Removed from site in 1912
'Outside the entrance to the modern day [Vestry House] museum is where the Old Watch House or Cage used to be, for the accommodation of prisoners overnight. It was erected in 1765 and removed in 1912.'
The Shady Old Lady's Guide to London, 'The Vestry and its Cage'.