Alternative Names St Tudy Clink
Location On north side of St Tudy Church, adjacent to war memorial, Church Town, St Tudy
Map location exact or closely approximate
Year opened Unknown
Year closed Unknown
Century of Operation 1700-1799
Building Type Lock-Up
Remarks Grade II listed. A church house later used as a schoolroom and lock-up. Now available for private hire.
'Church house, later used as a school room and parish clink or lock-up. Now used as parish rooms. Circa C18, probably with earlier origins. Restored by parish in 1986. Stone rubble. Rag slate roof with gable ends. Some possibly early crested ridge tiles. Brick stack on east gable end. Plan: Overall rectangular 1-room plan. Backs onto north side of churchyard. 2- storey elevation to front-and single storey elevation to rear where ground is at a higher level. Ground floor entrance in front elevation facing road. External stair in east gable end provides access to first floor from both churchyard to rear and road to front. Exterior: 2-storey 1 window front elevation. Stone rubble and granite external stair from road to front and from churchyard to rear, rising up to door in first floor of left hand (east) gable end. Interior: Not accessible.'
Historic England, National Heritage List for England, 'The Clink', St Tudy, LEN1162270