Location The Garrison St Mary's Isles of Scilly
Map location exact or closely approximate
Year opened unknown
Year closed unknown
Century of Operation 1600-1699, 1700-1799
Building Type Lock-Up
Remarks It is not clear whether this 'Detention Cell' was used for soldiers accused or convicted of offences, or for members of the community on the island.
'The monument includes a 17th-18th century powder magazine, known as the Rocket House, together with an adjacent small prison cell, situated near the main gateway through the defensive circuit of The Garrison, the south western promontory of St Mary's in the Isles of Scilly. '
Historic England, National Heritage List for England, 'The Rocket House...', LEN 1014553