Location Corner of Church Street and Lawrence Street, opposite The Blue Bell pub, Sandiacre
Map location exact or closely approximate
Year opened 1660
Year closed Unknown
Century of Operation 1600-1699, 1700-1799
Building Type Lock-Up
Remarks Grade II listed and an ancient monument. Built in 1660 and rebuilt in later 18th century.
'Village lock-up and pound. 1660, rebuilt in late C18. Sandstone ashlar with sandstone dressings and pyramidal plain tile roof, plus eaves band. Small square lock-up building about 12 feet high with plank door to west face and two small windows to south face, one above the other. Attached to south side is a tall ashlar wall with rounded copings which curves round to east forming a pound. Over the door is a plaque inscribed 'Erected as a village lock-up and pound for the imprisonment of stray animals about the year '1660 AD'. This is also an Ancient Monument.'
Historic England, National Heritage List for England, 'Village Lock-Up and Pound, Church Street', Sandiacre, LEN1334852