Location Formerly at 'Stocks Green' near St Paul's Church, Manningham (Bradford)
Map location in the vicinity
Year opened Unknown
Year closed c.1890
Century of Operation 1800-1899
Building Type Stocks
Remarks Removed before 1896. Style of stocks differs between the two drawings shown below, suggesting they were amended or renewed at some point.
'Where St Paul's Church and St Paul's Road now stand there was an open space, called Stocks Green, adjoining Helliwell's Farm...[The stocks] were placed at the end of a footpath leading to the farmhouse...Comparatively recently the latter were removed from Stocks Green'
William Cudworth, Histories of Manningham, Heaton and Allerton: Townships of Bradford. Bradford, 1896. pp. 3, 21,121