Alternative Names Lacock Blind House
Location next to Tithe Barn, East Street Lacock
Map location exact or closely approximate
Century of Operation 1700-1799, 1800-1899
Building Type Lock-Up
'A late C18 village lock-up. MATERIALS AND PLAN: built of ashlar stone and is square on plan. DESCRIPTION: a small, square building with coursed ashlar walls with low plinth and band at band at cornice level, and a domed ashlar roof surmounted by a ball finial. There are two buttresses to the north, and to the west the lock-up is joined to the adjacent tithe barn by a wall with a timber door giving access to the lock-up. The door, with iron studs and thick straps with decorative ends, opens into a small flagged yard, which is roofed with an iron grille. The studded door into the lock-up itself is in a chamfered surround, and inside is a lavatory and modern timber bed. The lock-up is window-less but has a high ventilation hole.'
Historic England, National Heritage List for England, 'The Lock-up, Lacock' LEN 1022162