Location In former Gatehouse to Old Court Farm, on unnamed road off B4220, behind Holy Trinity Church, Bosbury
Map location exact or closely approximate
Year opened Unknown
Year closed Unknown
Building Type Lock-Up
Remarks Grade II listed.
'Former gatehouse to the Old Court, now hop store. Possibly C14, greatly altered. Sandstone rubble, tiled roof, brick C19 alterations to rear. Gatehouse aligned north/south with central gateway, adjoining hop kilns to north (not of special architectural interest) and former Grammar School (qv) to south. Gateway now of two storeys, central pointed archway of two chamfered orders (head of arch now blocked) with minor pointed arch headed doorway of one chamfered order to left flanked by buttressing, wall extends to south (left) with two openings to upper floor and one to lower. The room to the left of the entrance is known locally as the jail. (RCHM Vol II, p 20, item 4; Watkins, J: Duncomb's Collections towards the History and Antiquities of the County of Hereford, Hundred of Radlow, 1902, p 27; Rev S Bentley, History of the Parish of Bosbury, 1891).'
Historic England, National Heritage List for England, 'Gatehouse to Old Court Farmhouse', Bosbury, LEN1098920